S. Mamede de Infesta Church

Matosinhos
Description
Built on the former site of Monte da Conceição, in 1735, it was rebuilt between 1864 and 1866, by the architect Pedro de Oliveira, and funded by Rodrigo Pereira Felicio, a trader who made his fortune in Brazil and was given the title of “Count of S. Mamede”.

Inside the church there are paintings by Francisco Pinto da Costa (1826-1869) and works of baroque carved gilt coming from the older convent of Monchique in Porto. The first parish church, documented in the 11th century, was probably located in “Quinta do Dourado”, in the place of the so-called “Igreja Velha”.

The religious services were temporarily transferred to the Ermida chapel until 1735.


Location: Matosinhos
Hotel Motel Porto Fino

Hotel Motel Porto Fino

Only 5Km away from the centre of Oporto, Porto Fino Motel offers to their clients a refined...
More info
O Grelhador da Giesta

O Grelhador da Giesta

Traditional Portuguese food, specialty grilled. Always Open MB  CC  €€
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation