José Guilherme Park/Square

Paredes
Description
The José Guilherme Park/Square is a one hectare space, which was surrounded by quality buildings such as the Municipal Library, after the opening and leveling of the surrounding streets in the mid-ninetheenth century.

In this wooded park/square, the market and leisure meetings take place. In the late XIX century this place was named Praça José Guilherme, but only in 1927 it was placed the statue. 

On the 25th August 1940, it was inaugurated the Independence Cross Stone. At the same time was laid the foundation stone of the current Town Hall building, for which every parish contributed with a basket of earth.
Today, José Guilherme Square remains not only as a historical reference, but also as a modern, alive and welcoming space. 

Location: Paredes
Churrasqueira do Vasco

Churrasqueira do Vasco

Located in the center of Paredes, this restaurant has a rustic and cozy atmosphere. Group...
More info
Quinta da Aveleda - Wine Tourism and Historic Park

Quinta da Aveleda - Wine Tourism and Historic Park

It takes just a short walk through the Quinta da Aveleda estate to realize that here quality and...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation