Ermida Chapel (ancient S. Mamede parish church)

Matosinhos
Description
The place of “Ermida” is referenced in 1566, along the “Old Road”, a Roman route that connected Porto to Braga.
This route, which for centuries was the main road in the region, was also one of the pilgrimage routes to Santiago de Compostela. The chapel was integrated in the 12th century in the territory of Couto de Leca, and belonged until 1835 to the Leça do Balio Monastery.
In 1643, the chapel, with its characteristic porch, was described as the main church of the parish of S. Mamede da Ermida, a status retained until 1735, when a new parish church was built.
The current structure is the result of several reconstructions in the 18th and 19th century. In the early 20th century the bell tower was added to the one of the sides.


Location: Matosinhos
OPOHOTEL - Porto Aeroporto ***

OPOHOTEL - Porto Aeroporto ***

The OPOHotel Aeroporto is one of the most modern hotels in the Francisco Sá Carneiro airport...
More info
ESTADIA RUGE

ESTADIA RUGE

This modern apartment is located on the second floor and is furnished, well equipped and well...
More info
Restaurant Choupal dos Melros

Restaurant Choupal dos Melros

Typical RestaurantThe Restaurant Choupal dos Melros is a well-known house, designed for all...
More info
McDonald's Antas

McDonald's Antas

Open every day from 8am to 0am Services: McDrive; Baby Changing room; Terrace; Breakfast;...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation