Casa de Marvão (Manor House)

Celorico de Basto
Description
The Casa of Marvão, located in the parish of the Corgo, is an 18th century Manor House, in line with the sober Baroque characteristic of Celorico de Basto.


This House is marked by the passage of various personalities. Here lived in the 18th century, Lady Luisa Bernarda Teixeira de Carvalho, married to Manuel Teixeira da Cunha Andrade who served the King during 40 years as the captain. His son, Bernardo Teixeira Coutinho Alvares de Carvalho, the Magistrate of Paço, becomes the nobleman knight of the Royal House and Commander of the Order of Christ.

In the Casa of Marvão, in 1902 Frei Bernardo de Vasconcelos was born, Benedictine monk, whose body is buried in the parish church of the village and awaits the beatification process.

Location: Celorico de Basto
Apartamento de Luxo no Encanto Rural de Basto

Apartamento de Luxo no Encanto Rural de Basto

The house can accommodate up to 6 people, has 150m2, 3 Bedrooms (2 double beds and a twin...
More info
Motorhome Service Area

Motorhome Service Area

The service area of Mondim de Basto, a free zone for motorhomes, is located near the north...
More info
Adega Regional Casa da Caínha

Adega Regional Casa da Caínha

A small cozy space where the traditional flavours make the dishes we serve.In winter, the...
More info
Restaurant New York

Restaurant New York

The New York restaurant is located at the beginning of the access of the Monte Farinha in the...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation