S. Miguel Church - Leça da Palmeira

Matosinhos
Description
The building dates from the first half of the 16th century and replaced the old medieval church of S. Miguel de Moroza whose foundation was prior to the 13th century.
In 1648 the church was covered with tiles as requested by the devotional local inhabitants. The temple undergone further renovations in 1790 by D. Francisco Carneiro de Figueiroa, and in 1873, with the financial support of João Pinto de Araújo, renovation of the facade was finished.
Inside, one can find the image of Nossa Senhora da Conceição, by the sculptor Diogo Pires ’the Elder’, offered by D. Afonso V to the Franciscan convent of “Conceição de Leça”. The side chapel was built in 1681 by Manoel Beleza de Andrade.


Location: Matosinhos
Hotel Leça da Palmeira

Hotel Leça da Palmeira

This Hotel is located in the centre of Leça da Palmeira, near Leixões Sea Port, Matosinhos Horse...
More info
Holiday Inn Express Porto Exponor

Holiday Inn Express Porto Exponor

Located 100 meters from Exponor (Porto International Fair) and a few minutes from Porto...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation