Pelourinho de Ponte de Lima (Pillory)

Ponte de Lima
Description
Monument of Public Interest.
The former pillory is from 16th century and was erected on the strand, in front of the “Torre de S. Paulo”.
In the early 19th century, the coat of arms of the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarve were added.
Compulsively demolished in the end of the liberal struggles, it was rebuilt during the Estado Novo (period of 1933 - 1974) in front of the Town Hall, using some fragments from the original monument.

Location: Ponte de Lima
Casa do Pinheiro

Casa do Pinheiro

Casa do Pinheiro is located in the center of Ponte de Lima, a few meters from the historic town...
More info
Pousada de Juventude de Ponte de Lima

Pousada de Juventude de Ponte de Lima

The Ponte de Lima Youth Hostel its modern and comfortable. It is located near of the historical...
More info
Encanada

Encanada

One of the oldest restaurants of Ponte de Lima, since 1929 in the art of knowledge of the Minho...
More info
Tulha

Tulha

In the bars area, next to Capela das Pereiras, there is this typical and rustic restaurant, one...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation