Núcleo Museológico da Panificação

Valongo
Description
Bakery Museum Center, Toll House - Bridge Ferreira

It is assigned a medieval chronology to the bridge on the road Porto-Amarante. It has a flat platform over three arches separated by two breakwaters. Dating from 1796, there is the Casa da Portagem (Toll House) on the left end, and the souls in purgatory evoking Nossa Senhora do Carmo on the right end. The Battle of Ponte Ferreira is an event of an important local collective memory.
The Municipal Park exists as recreational, landcape and heritage space, since July 15th/2000. In this place there is also the Bakery Museum, which is dedicated to the bakery identity of Valongo county. An old mill together with an old hydraulic sawmill are intalled here.  Both, the mill and the Ponte Ferreira watering, are fed by a dam that exists from 1631. The Center offers a set of descriptive tools of the baking cycle, from the tilling of the land to the bread and biscuits manufacture. It offers educational services, guided tours and workshops, under appointment. It opens on request.

Location: Valongo
Senhor Churrasco

Senhor Churrasco

Cosy restaurant where quality and kindness for the customers is the key word. With many...
More info
Restaurante Casa Pichel

Restaurante Casa Pichel

Typical house with familiar atmosphere and traditional Portuguese cuisine, where the specialties...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation