Monuments - Church of Santa Maria ( Nossa Senhora do Ó)

Maia
Description
The Church was built before the Portuguese nation was founded, though it has only been considered a National Monument since 1884. It was founded by the knights of the Holy Sepulchre and for a time monks and nuns of the Order of Saint Augustine lived there. It is a Romanesque church containing two naves. The capitals are ornamented with leaves and the walls are decorated with panels depicting plants and animals. It has a very imposing portal, with four pointed arches. On the northern side, the portal also features two pointed arches and the cross of Malta adorns the tympanum.

 

Transport: 10 Maia Transportes; 61; 705 Stcp;107 Resende

Location: Maia
Restaurante S. José

Restaurante S. José

Specialities: Roasted lamb, Codfish, Veal, "Aentejana Meat" ( pork meat with clams and potatoes)...
More info
Rabelos Restaurant

Rabelos Restaurant

Surrounded by the most prestigious Port wine cellars and situated in the exit area of the...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation