“Lapa”’s Church

Arcos de Valdevez
Description

The cult of “Nossa Senhora da Lapa” (Our Lady of Lapa), of “Beirã” origin, supposedly arrived to the village around 1758, the temple’s erection being completed in 1767. The church characterizes itself by the peculiarity of architectural solutions that it demonstrates, namely the centralized plant, the tower’s location behind the chancel, and, mainly, by a large and high dome, creating an innovative and simple solution. The set, attributed to “André Soares”, is rather baroque. The interior, with three carefully carved characteristic elements at the altarpieces and frames level, is a typical example of Rococo style.

Location: Arcos de Valdevez
Restaurant Alameda

Restaurant Alameda

Opening hours: 12h ? 15h / 20h ? 23h Capacity of the Rooms: 600 People Specialities: Alameda...
More info
Charutos dos Arcos

Charutos dos Arcos

It is a conventual sweet and one of the symbols of the Arcos de Valdevez confectionery. It has a...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation