Corpo Santo Chapel

Matosinhos
Description
This chapel was commissioned in 1557 by the crew of the ship “Nossa Senhora da Conceição” as payment for a promise made when the ship was sinking near Leixões.
It is dedicated to “S. Pedro Gonçalves Telmo”, a saint who lived in Galicia during the 13th century, whose devotion has developed greatly among sailors and fishermen in Galicia and Portugal from the late middle ages.
Next to the chapel, in the 17th century, stood the “Torch House” intended to survey the coast and signal the approach of ships.


Location: Matosinhos
Holiday Inn Express Porto Exponor

Holiday Inn Express Porto Exponor

Located 100 meters from Exponor (Porto International Fair) and a few minutes from Porto...
More info
Moov Hotel Porto Norte

Moov Hotel Porto Norte

The Moov Hotel Porto Norte is the first Moov hotel designed and built for the new Moov brand,...
More info
MARISQUEIRA DOS POBRES

MARISQUEIRA DOS POBRES

Weekly Rest Day: MondayOther contact for reservation: 00351 919 354 123Outdoor TerraceMeans of...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation