Capela do Sr. do Calvário e Parque

Valongo
Description
Sr. do Calvário Chapel and Park

As Valongo was not affected by the Napoleonic invasions, João Onteiro da Maia promised to built a chapel in the place of Calvário, where there were three crosses. The construction began in 1813. It has a rectangular floor plan, a single nave, a gabled roof with a cross at the apex and pinnacles at the ends. It is a granitic structure, the main façade having a central door topped by a bell. The images of S. Roque, S. Francisco and a rare perfection image of Jesus crucified are in the interior of the chapel. The image of Nossa Senhora de Fátima is placed in a small shrine glaze, in the outside. It is located in a leisure park with landscaped areas.

Location: Valongo
Hotel Carrís Porto Ribeira

Hotel Carrís Porto Ribeira

Situated in the heart of Porto´s historical centre with a view of the Rio Douro. The Roman and...
More info
RitzRestaurante Ritz

RitzRestaurante Ritz

It is typically known for "francesinhas"(sandwish made with fillet steak, ham and smoked sausage...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation