Capela do Cruzeiro

Peso da Régua
Description

Built in 1747 on what was left of a temple attributed to the Roman Emperor Constantine the Great, it was intended to serve as main church of the then São Faustino da Régua parish. Due to the lack of masons, whose majority had been deployed to the construction of the convent of Mafra, and constant river floods, a more modest, artistically simple temple was built instead, whose highlight is the Ionic main altar. On the outside, there's a small roofed structure that houses the stone cross of Senhor da Agonia which, with its plain architecture, emphasises the chapel's simplicity. On top of the chapel, two statues of Roman soldiers prevail: one with a weight and the other with a ruler.
Rua João de Lemos, Peso da Régua

Location: Peso da Régua
Quinta da Pacheca The Wine House Hotel

Quinta da Pacheca The Wine House Hotel

Restaurant: The Wine House Hotel?s restaurant is worth a visit on its own and an amazing...
More info
Casa Vale do Douro

Casa Vale do Douro

Located in Lamego, 14 km from Nossa Senhora dos Remédios Sanctuary and Ribeiro Conceição...
More info
Tasca da Quinta

Tasca da Quinta

Regional Cuisine and Snacks.
More info
A Companhia Wine Bar

A Companhia Wine Bar

One of the most emblematic of the spaces in the Douro Museum, the Wine Bar is part of the A...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation